5 Signs Your Dog is Truly Happy
As much as our dogs make us happy, we want to be able to return the favor. Having a delighted and happy pup is a very fulfilling experience and although our pups can’t directly talk to us, they are constantly communicating to us through their behavior and body language. As pet owners, being able to decode the body language is a major key to assessing our pup’s needs and making sure they’re happy. Below are five signs that your dog is truly happy:
- Wagging Tail: The tail tells all when it comes to dogs. Dogs communicate so much through their tails whether we realize it or not. If your pup has a high and waggy tail, then this is probably the most well-known sign that you have a happy pup with you.
- Relaxed Ears: Pay attention to your pup’s ears. Are they relaxed and floppy? If so, your dog is at ease and is feeling good! When a dog’s ears are perked up they are on high alert for any potential threats in the area. When a dog’s ears are pinned back, then it means that your pup is feeling fear.
- Enjoys Playtime: Happy pups are excited to go on walks and have a great time playing with other dogs. Notice your pup’s behavior on your daily walks and exercise. If they’re happy then they’re most likely having the time of their lives!
- Eats Well: Happy pups have good appetites and eat their meals on schedule. An occasional missing of a meal is not a big deal but if your pup is consistently missing meals, then you should consult with your vet to check for any underlying problems.
- Healthy Coat: A happy pup has a nice shiny coat. Stressed dogs on the other hand tend to shed quite a bit, and their skin may even flake.
Visit Club Canine for Boarding, Day Camp, Grooming, and Transportation Services
Conveniently located in Granite Falls, North Carolina, Club Canine provides high-quality services for dogs residing throughout the greater Hickory area, including Lenoir, Conover, Newton, Morganton, and Valdese. Our entire team is passionate about delivering compassionate care for your four-legged family member and will do everything possible to ensure your canine companion’s safety and comfort.