So, you thought your pet was well-behaved and behaved, but now they're acting strange. They're lethargic, they're eating weird things that you've never seen them eat before (and they sure don't taste like the usual treats), and they're not interested in doing the things they normally do. What's going on?
Well, it could be a parasite. And if it is, it's important that you take action right away to get rid of it before it spreads to other pets or becomes a serious health risk for your pets in Granite Falls. Parasites can cause severe illness and even death if left untreated for too long.
Here are some tips for parasite prevention for your Granite Falls pets:
- Keep an eye on your pets' health! If your dog or cat is acting strangely—not eating, vomiting, or having diarrhea—it could be because something is wrong. Get them checked out by a vet immediately.
- Wash your hands before and after handling your pet (and their food), especially if you have kids who play with their pet friends often! Parasites can spread from one animal to another this way, so make sure everyone who comes into contact with your pets washes their hands before touching them again (and vice versa).
- Be careful of fungus! Fungus lives everywhere, especially in damp places like bathrooms—so even if you keep your toilet clean, it can still get into your pet's paws while they're walking around looking at stuff in there. You should probably wash their paws after every trip to the bathroom just to be safe!
- If you have more than one type of animal on your property (like a cat and a dog), make sure they don't intermingle too much—you don't want to accidentally transfer diseases between them!
- Practice good hygiene at home by washing your hands before and after handling your pet. This will help prevent fleas, ticks, mites, and other parasites from hitchhiking on your hands and then hopping onto your furry friends—or vice versa!
We Are Here For Your Pets
At Club Canine, our mission is to provide high quality care for pets in an environment where they feel safe, comfortable, and happy. We are committed to providing the highest level of customer service through our staff of dedicated professionals who love what they do!
Contact us today for more information on how Club Canine can help keep your pup happy and healthy.