Spring Getaway: How To Plan The Perfect Vacation For You And Your Furry Best Friend
Ready to plan your next adventure this spring? Don’t forget to plan a relaxing and enjoyable getaway for your furry best friend.
Pet boarding is a great option if you want to take a trip this spring but can't bring your pet along.
Leaving your pet at a boarding facility while you enjoy spring break guarantees their safety and happiness. To ensure your pet has a great time while you're gone, read on for tips on picking the suitable boarding facility and a handy checklist before boarding your pet.
Prepare For The Perfect Pet Boarding Experience
Schedule an Early Visit
Visiting the boarding facility beforehand will allow you to see the establishment's setup and meet the staff. During your visit, you will find out about and see the amenities your pet will be provided. Such as what kind of food and water they provide, the exercise and playtime schedule, and what kind of medical care they offer.
Keep in Touch
Like most pet owners, you'll want to keep in touch with your pet while away. Many pet boarding facilities now offer webcam and live streaming services, so you can check in on your pet and see how they're doing. Additionally, many pet sitters will send you updates and photos of your pet throughout the day.
Prepare for Your Return
You must be prepared for your pet's return when you return from your trip. Ensure your pet needs everything, including food, water, and medication.
Additionally, having a familiar blanket or toy ready for them when they return home is a good idea. With some preparation, you can ensure that your pet has a great experience while being boarded and that they're happy and healthy when you return.
Pet Boarding Checklist
Here is a quick checklist to go through before boarding your pet:
- Understand your pet's needs: Make sure to consider your pet's specific needs, including any health issues or behavioral concerns.
- Pack your pet's belongings: Bring enough food, water, treats, toys, and any medication your pet may need for their stay.
- Provide medical information: Bring a copy of your pet's medical records, including vaccinations, to the boarding facility.
- Provide contact information: Leave contact information for yourself and an emergency contact person in case the facility needs to reach you.
- Ensure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations: Some facilities may require certain vaccinations, so ensure your pet is up-to-date before boarding.
- Your pet should have a form of identification: Make sure your pet has a collar with ID tags or a microchip in case they get lost while boarding.
- Leave detailed instructions: Provide clear instructions on your pet's feeding, exercise, and medication schedule, as well as any specific needs or habits they have.
- Bring a familiar item: Bring a familiar blanket or toy to help your pet feel more comfortable in an unfamiliar environment.
Club Canine Can Be Your Pet's Vacation Destination This Spring
Pet boarding can be an excellent solution for pet owners who want to ensure their pets are safe and comfortable while they're away. With a bit of preparation, you can rest easy knowing that your furry friend is well taken care of while you are away in spring.
And what better place to board your pet than Club Canine! Our top-rated facilities and compassionate staff will ensure your furry friend has a comfortable and safe experience while you're away. Visit our website for more information on our services, or click here to book an appointment for your pet’s stay today!